Saturday, April 25, 2009

IN Times like these

Hi All, In quietness and confidence shall be my strength. Is 30:15 We are so blessed. Never since the beginning has the need for people of faith been as great as at the present, wars on every hand,high inflation, dilemmas abound. What a time we are in. What is it that one person can do? Let me ask you a question, Can energy costs go so high that GOD cannot afford them? Can GOD supply food as He did for forty years in the wilderness? Is our God too small? If WE put GOD in a test tube, how can He answer big prayers. We are living in a time when we need a big GOD, a God capable of meeting our needs. GOD did not merely save and then hang us out to dry. Chuck Swindoll recently said " BELIEVE IN JESUS " then " BELIEVE JESUS". GOD when He saved us made us part of His family, His responsibility. No father desires his child to starve, to go unclothed nor to be raised contrary to His own principals. GOD does not meet our needs because we are good children but because we are HIS children. Consider the LORDS prayer in Matt 6 OUR FATHER in verse 11. Give us this day our daily bread v 12 forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors. The LORD put asking for provision before asking for forgiveness. We can ask GOD for provision at any time- HE IS OUR FATHER. Now GOD might not be pleased with us BUT you and I are still HIS children and HE will supply our bread. Maybe not just what we want but what we need. I had a friend that told me of an experience that he had in Bible school,every morning while at family alter they would pray for coal, for that day, for the stove and every day GOD would send enough coal to last for that day. One particular day it was his daughter's turn to pray, she said LORD send us enough coal to last us the rest of the winter and I don,t even care if YOU send it in paper bags. About mid morning there came a knock on the door. There stood a man who said, I have a load of coal for you, I hope you don't mind if it's in paper bags. I stopped writing this testimony of GODS goodness for several weeks and had no idea why GOD was holding back and telling me to wait. We were getting low on fuel oil and I was trying to make what little I had stretch until the last of January. GOD told me that HE wanted me to experience what I was writing about. If I am going to write about faith, I would have to exercise some so I started to pray for heating oil. Sure enough somebody came along and gave us some oil enough to last us the whole month. So you see Faith is the confidence that our GOD will deliver.LORD, Please increase our Faith to that level of true dependence upon you. In JESUS NAME. In christian Love, Roberta

1 comment:

Angela said...

What an amazing powerful post..Thank you precious one for touching my heart...God IS good...