Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Hi all, I just got to thinking today about all of the blessings that God has bestowed on us. I get to play with my grandchildren every day. This morning,three year old Brody and I got to play 3 games of Candyland. Later I got to encourage six year old Jeffrey with his schoolwork. Sometimes I remind myself that if it wasn't for Jesus we probably wouldn't even be here. I know that it's not good to let ourselves become to attached to the things of this world, but my children and my grandchildren are forever. So I can never get to much of them. I know that a whole lot of grandparents are still working just to keep things going. Some are even raising their grandchildren. I can't imagine having all that responsibility. Most day's I get to walk with fifteen year old Kelsey. She is getting so grown up and is such a joy to be around. She would remind you of her mother, lots of laughter and lightness of spirit. Tonight Kim treated us all with a thanksgiving dinner. Turkey with all the fixing,s. We were all stuffed. Kelsey even baked a pumpkin pie. Reminds me of a song that we used to sing.
The things that I love and hold close to my heart. their just borrowed their not mine at all. Jesus only let's me use them to brighten my path.
So remind me,remind me dear Lord.
Roll back the curtain of yester,year and then. show me where you've brought me from and where I could have been,
Remember I'm human and humans forget. So remind me, remind me dear Lord.
I guess you can gather that we feel very blessed. Love ya all, Roberta

2 comments:

Omah's Helping Hands said...

Amen! Yes, we are so blessed, and sometimes do forget. You are a beautiful woman Roberta. Your children and grand children are so blessed to have you with them. Family is so important. Have a beautiful week!

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Mom you're so wonderful!