Monday, March 23, 2009

Little Reminders

Hi All, A few thoughts for the day, Today I talked with one of my dearest friends from Maine. She told me of a highly respected man from our town had passed away. He was so friendly and such a cheerful sort and everyone liked him alot. Then she added that she was almost sure that he had never accepted Jesus Christ as his personal Savior. I knew him and his wife quite well. I felt in my spirit a great sadness arising, a feeling of failure at the thought of where he may have ended up. I began asking myself " Do I do enough ? Is my life counting for anything when it comes to winning people to the Lord? Is just living my christian life in the face of the world enough? Today I am starting a prayer diary, recording my prayers for the lost. I am going to ask the Lord to give me the faith to trust Him for souls in these last day's. I want to have the same Holy boldness that I see in some others. Not many. Do you think that Soul winning is a gift, handed out like the other gifts of the Spirit, or do you think it,s got alot to do with unbelief ??? I would love to have your input on this. In Him, Roberta

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I believe that God has called us all to witness and lead other to His saving grace. However, I struggle with it because it takes boldness and I lack in that area. I feel guilty so many times because I know that I don't do enough.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts today.

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Mom, I used to beat myself up over thinking I wasn't leading people to Christ in groves but also know that God has me where he wants me. Home. Not a lot of people knock down my door wanting to hear the gospel but I do try to encourage those I run into at the grocery store or Wal-mart. It's easy to feel like a failure when we aren't bringing them in by the 1000's but the Lord has given me great peace about my roll in life. I won't have as many jewels as Billy Graham but that's okay. God called him to serve in that capacity. Mom I know you have reached more people than you will even know until you see them in heaven. Continue to let your light shine my most excellent mother because one of your jewels loves you very much!

Omah's Helping Hands said...

That is a good question Roberta. I sincerely feel we are all called to lead, but there are definitely those that are spiritually filled with the gift to go beyond and really lead. I do feel it is the calling to all believers to do what we can though. It was simply put to us that we don't have to preach, we don't have to talk about the Lord, but rather by letting His light shine through our loving ways is enough to let people see the glory of the Lord and get them to asking. That's when it all comes into place.
Just remember, the enemy attacks when we are most volunerable. We do what we can. Don't let the enemy get you to feel like you failed your friend. Instead, take it as the Lord telling you to do what you can.
Hugs, love and blessings to you! Hope you have a beautiful, wonderfully blessed Easter weekend.

Omah's Helping Hands said...

One more thought after reading your daughters post. She is right, you are touching more people than you could ever imagine, and ten to one, you have lead people, you just won't know. What you are doing here is wonderful. He placed you here for a reason. You've blessed me in so many ways with what you have written, imagine what you are doing for those not saved yet. You are an awesome women of the Lord. No need to worry. :)