Monday, February 9, 2009

My Tesimony Part6

About two miles from the church, as we approached the old wooden bridge in the small town of Wiscasset, an impression appeared so vivid to my mind and to my ear that it startled me. :If you cross the bridge, you will never receive me," it seemed to say. I,ll never forget that warning. At that moment, I knew that I must make a decision. " I have to go back" I told my friend Betty. I didn ,t understand why, but I turned the car around in the middle of that hill. Without a word, I headed back to that little white church on the mountain road. I just had to respond to to the tugging of my heart.

As we drove into the church yard, all of my earlier embarrassment and timidity seemed to just melt away. No light shone in the church and the pastor was just locking the door. I quickly got out of the car,followed by my friend. Somehow, the pastor seemed to know why I had come back.We went into the church and down front, where the three of us knelt. There I poured my heart out to a God I thought I knew, but in reality had only heard about.

As I prayed and began to seek His Son Jesus, a release engulfed me such as I have never known before. As I continued to pray and confess to God, His Holy Spirit filled every part of my being. It was all so wonderful that I seemed to be walking in the clouds. It was late when we left the church, I was too happy to mind. I just couldn't,t seem to explain, even to myself, the joy that I was feeling.

To be continued, Blessings, Roberta.

3 comments:

Debra Kaye said...

Praise the Lord! I'm praising Him that He won that tug of war on you! Yay!

Blessings to you today!

Jennifer said...

Praise The Lord! I am so thankful you heeded His warning and was obedient to His calling for you to surrender your heart to Him...once and for all.

Bless you!

Omah's Helping Hands said...

Oh Roberta, my heart is singing with great joy right now. How awesome! God is so good!