Thursday, February 5, 2009

My Testimony Part3

(continued)

He,s such a good boy,I thought as I watched them leave,always faithful to call home and let us know where he is. We are most fortunate to have him. I was still suprised at his willingness to go with her, as he had recieved a guitar for a birthday gift a few weeks earlier and had started lessons. He was so anxious to learn to play that he had devoted most evenings to practice. Augmenting his performance on the guitar, he had a nice mellow voice and had sung in a couple of country shows in the community.

When he arrived from the meeting around 9:3o, he was unusually quiet. Going to his guitar, he began to pick out a song that I had never heard. It was called " Do You Know my Jesus?." It was really beautiful, and I wondered how he had learned it so quickly.

A short while later he put down his guitar and looked at me with a huge grin on his face. Then he announced emphatically," mom I got saved tonight" He seemed so elated that I remember thinking, I sure hope his ballon never bursts. Though I really didn,t understand what he was saying , if it made him this happy and it happened at the church, it must be alright. Having never experienced anything even close to what he said he was feeling, I felt at a loss for words to enter into his new found joy.
(To be continued.)

Blessings,
Roberta

3 comments:

Omah's Helping Hands said...

Oh how beautiful. I am so into this. I can't wait to read your next segment.

Laurie Ann said...

Oooh! I'm so ready for some more of your story. I remember the day I got saved. My balloon didn't burst, per se, but Satan sure has tried to deflate it. But now it's back full. :)

Jennifer said...

I am eager for more! This is a beautiful testimony...sitting on the edge of my seat!