Thursday, February 19, 2009

My testimony part 15

A full page tribute to Jeff appeared in his school yearbook, including a smiling photograph of him: It read

In memory of Jeffrey Bernard Kelley.
We the class of 1972 dedicate this log in loving memory of Jeffrey B. Kelley, who passed away April 17th 1970. God took him home, it was His will.
But in our hearts we love him still; his memory is as dear today as in the hour he passed away. We often sit and think of him when we are all alone, for memory is the only friend that grief can call it,s own.
" For me to live is Christ and to die is gain" (Philippians 1:21,) 1954 to 1970.
Sadly missed by all his classmates and everyone that knew him.

During the next few years I spent hours in the Word. One day as I knelt by my bed in prayer, The Lord spoke to my heart about what it truly means to know Him in His fullness. As I thought about His bruised body,my spiritual eyes were opened and I was able to see that following Jesus was more than just getting saved.
To really know Him, I must walk in obedience , being careful not to grieve the Holy Spirit, I have not been the same since.I wept as I began to realize that our calling goes far beyond receiving Jesus as Savior. We must also know Him as Lord.

To be continued, Roberta

1 comment:

Debra Kaye said...

Roberta,

I began on part 10 today and have not even stopped to comment until now. This has touched me so! What a beautiful testimony and what a beautiful Savior we have in Jesus!!

And yes, we must know Him as our Lord. Thank you for sharing this with us. What a powerful powerful testimony.

Love to you today, my sister.