Saturday, February 21, 2009

My testimony Part 17


At first I was afraid of being hurt again,fearing that she might to reach sixteen and be taken from us. As we thought about all the promises of God, however, we once again became excited about the arrival of a new baby.

I will never forget the day that we went to pick up our new baby girl. I had envisioned a tiny infant all pink and cuddly..
My friends and our church family had given me a huge baby shower, so there were at least thirty little dresses hanging in the nursery. All that we were told was that she was available and that we didn,t have to take her if we didn,t want to.
When we saw her, we understood why they had spoken to us in such a way.
She was covered with red sores and blotches over her face and body. At seven weeks of age, she weighed in at a whopping seventeen pounds.
They assured us that we didn,t have to take her. But If we decided to, they were sure a low-fat diet would clear up her complexion and normalize her weight.

Placed into a foster home for a short while after birth, she had simply enjoyed too rich a diet.
All I could think of at the moment was those beautiful little dresses that she would never be able to wear,if we decided to take her.

Looking at Milt,Andy Chris and me, our welfare worker suggested," Why don,t you go out for coffee and decide between yourselves?"
After a few more moments with the baby,we left.

Shortly after huddled around a small table in a lunchroom. I remember asking,"Honey what do you think?"

Before Milt could answer Andy spoke up calmly . " why don,t we take a vote?"
Then Milt expressed himself. "She is the baby girl God has given us."
We all knew then we,d be taking her home.
Today we still treasure the little pink stretch suit that she so neatly filled. After bundling her up,we headed home with our new little God given treasure.

Kim never did get to wear any of the pretty little dresses,but it has been a wonderful blessing for us to have had her, to lead her to Jesus and to see Him working so mightily in her life.
Surely she has payed a very important part in our lives.WE ARE SO BLESSED!!!!!!

As you probably have guessed by now, she is your friend and mine and you hear from her about every day. As the Homesteader in Progress. I thank God everyday for all the wonderful gifts He has bestowed on her and how He is blessing her life.

To be continued, God bless till Monday,Roberta

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Just wanted you to know that although I don't have time to come by every day - I read all your posts in a feed reader. So I just saw today how pretty your blog is - did Kim help with that? (she is so good at that)

LOVE the story of how God brought Kim to you! Thanks so much for sharing it.

He & Me + 3 said...

What a neat story...she is such a blessing!

Roberta said...

Thank you all so much! I'm glad my testimony is blessing somebody.

My Granddaughter, actually did my blog for me.
Blessings to all of you!!
Roberta

Debra Kaye said...

Thank you for your obedience and thank you for our Kimmy...we love both of you!!

Elizabeth said...

Roberta,
I just found your blog and really enjoyed reading it. Thanks for sharing.
Elizabeth

Jennifer said...

Now, I am crying...again! Beautiful testimony of God's faithfulness, grace, love, mercy and compassion!

We love Kim too!