Friday, February 6, 2009

My Tesimony Part4

(continued)

A week later, I was surprised to find him outside smashing all his Beatle records. Trying to reason with him I said, "Young man, I don't know what your doing, but don't expect us to buy any more Beatle records for you." His quick reply was, "Mom, I've changed. I'm all new, and I don't need those any more."

Day after day, I watched this change in his life. He studied his Bible and talked to his friends about his new-found friend, Jesus. Little did I know the impression he was making upon them. He was in constant prayer for one boy in particular, often going to his house to share the things of the Lord.
Jeff never missed a meeting or a service at the church if he could possibly go. His life was clearly changed into the likeness of Christ. Although I watched him closely and wondered where this new-found religion would lead him, it was quite a few weeks before I agreed to go along.

On my first evening enroute to church, they all began to sing as soon as we got into the car - songs of salvation and God's love. When we arrived, the church was fast filling up and it surprised me that the people weren't all dressed up as I was accustomed to. They seemed happy, and many of them were obviously not rich.

An air of excitement prevailed. I couldn't quite explain it, but it began to stir me as well to a feeling of expectancy. They didn't seem to notice the building was badly in need of repair, with a large sag in the floor. The singing had already begun, and it seemed that the roof might lift off as the quartet burst forth in song, "Heaven Came Down and Glory Filled My Soul." As for the people began to clap their hands, I had a feeling of belonging, even though I was not very well known here. I know now it was God's Holy Spirit, for it was the same feeling I had experienced earlier at my own church during communion.
(will be continued)

God Bless you!!!!!
Roberta

3 comments:

Unknown said...

A beautiful story - can't wait for more!

Debra Kaye said...

Roberta...oh no, I can't...

Kimmy sent me ... I'm going to call you Mom!

This is a beautiful story thus far...I can't wait to read more! I love your daughter and granddaughter!! I don't know the boys well, yet ... but we hope to remedy that soon!

Come see me ... I'm lovin ya! ((hugs)) to you!

Omah's Helping Hands said...

I just love reading this. Thank you so much for sharing. You and Kim are both such beautiful people. I'm so glad she told us about your blog.