Tuesday, February 10, 2009

My Tesimony Part7

(continued)

Upon arriving home, I quickly prepared myself for bed and went upstairs to wake myself bed and went upstairs to wake my husband. I wanted to tell him about the wonderful experience I'd just had with Jesus. I had to tell someone or I would burst. My husband had been asleep for several hours, so you can imagine how receptive he was.
"Honey," I said, laughing and crying at the same time, "I'm so happy; I've been saved!" Rather disgusted he looked at me as I broke into tears of joy. "Woman," he said, "where have you been? How come, if your so damned happy, your bawling?"

That upset me a bit, but I was so filled with joy, I just passed it off as due to being rudely awakened. I'd deal with him in the morning. Quickly turning out the light, I continued to bask in my new-found love.

The next morning found me up early, singing and praising God. I felt so different and tried to convey it to my children. All of them were oblivious to my exuberant joy, except Jeff. He understood perfectly, and we sang and shared until he was ready to leave for school.
I was so anxious to tell everyone, that I rushed right out to friends and neighbors. Many of them were not at all impressed, and some probably thought I had lost my marbles. They were polite, but not impressed.

At the end of my first week, I began to realize that not everyone wants to be saved. Though I prayed many times for their salvation, many of them still haven't come to Christ. Thank God, the Lord Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit opened my eyes and allowed my family and me the privilege of knowing Him in His fullness. It wasn't long before my husband, Milt, and my sister, Ruth, responded to the call of God.

I will never forget leaving the church on a Sunday night, shortly after my husband had given his heart to the Lord. He got into the car and removed the cigarettes from his pocket. Then he proceeded to tell my sister and me that the Lord had delivered him for drinking, smoking, and cursing. We laughed in disbelief, but to this day - 42 years later- he has not even had the slightest desire to do any of these things.

My sister and I were still smoking and we knew Milt had an explosive vocabulary, so the drastic change we saw in him seemed unbelievable. It was wonderful having him to share with, even though he didn't seem to share my unspeakable joy and bubbly relationship with Jesus, his own relationship with the Lord was strong and steady.
(to be continued)

God bless,
Roberta

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Everytime I think this couldn't get any better...it does!

Praise The Lord!!!!

Unknown said...

Amazing testimony!

Debra Kaye said...

This is such an awesome testimony! My husband used to smoke too ... can't wait to read how the Lord continues to do His work!

Omah's Helping Hands said...

Oh Roberta, that is so awesome!!! I love reading your testimony. I've really missed reading your blog. I can't wait to read more. I've missed so many. God Bless you!